Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Dinner

We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner so much that we have decided to do it again for Easter dinner this Sunday. A few changes have been made (would any less be expected?). The theme of sugar-free will stand but we will now be grain-free as well.

The menu:

Turkey (organic free-range from Whole Foods, 8.25 lbs.)
Gravy
Mashed sweet potatoes
Roasted mixed vegetables (asparagus, broccoli and carrots)
Steamed Brussels sprouts
Grain-free bread with Kerrygold butter

I may or may not do a dessert. Roscoe and I have enjoyed a delightful dessert recently that I will call Primal Pudding. I don't know if my mom will enjoy it as much as we do.

Appetizers are also on my mind. Perhaps some deviled eggs (is this a no-no for Easter?) and/or soaked and roasted seeds and nuts.

We will have to see about wine as well. For Thanksgiving I found a truly wonderful Pinot Gris and would love to indulge again. Would the gravy be as good if I were to exclude it? Probably not...

I purchased some white eggs (recently I've only bought brown ones - the yolks are almost always darker, a sign of more nutrition) for decorating with Roscoe and Rooster. It's been a long time since I've decorated Easter eggs. This will be one tradition to continue along with attending mass (the Easter bunny on the other hand - probably not).

What are your plans for celebrating Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Thank you for stopping by and commenting at Real Food Mamas